YOUR CHILDHOOD CAMP—
ALL GROWN UP
Join us this fall for Camp Contemporary, an interactive camp-themed party benefiting the museum’s innovative education programs that serve more than 30,000 children and adults throughout Central Texas each year.
Camp Contemporary will fill Laguna Gloria’s entire fourteen acres with art, outdoor activities, live music, food, and drink during a one-of-a-kind event that can only happen at The Contemporary’s beautiful art-in-nature site. Ages 21+.
- Experience Music and Artistic Performances
- Explore 14 Acres of Art and Nature
- Boat in the Lagoon
- Lounge in Hammocks
- Learn and Make with Local Artists (see featured workshops below!)
- Refresh at Open Bars with a curated cocktail list by Sourced Craft Cocktails
- Feast on Local Fare, including Vaca y Vino Culinary Performance, featuring Lou Lambert with support from McGuire Moorman Hospitality
Camp Contemporary includes two unique experiences:
- On the evening of October 15, Laguna Gloria will be transformed into an elegant campground for select overnight guests, including fully furnished luxury tents, meals, and activities.
- On October 16, from 12–5P, day camp guests and overnight campers will enjoy a fully immersive, interactive “adult summer camp” ranging across the fourteen acres and lasting throughout the day.
For more information, contact Loren Mullins:
Want to volunteer with us during Camp Contemporary and be an essential part of this unique event and fundraiser? Check us out hereto get involved!
Camp Contemporary Committee: Deborah Green (Chair), Will Bridges, Kim Dowling, Alice and Eric Foultz, Liz Lambert, Lou Lambert, Larry McGuire, Isadora McKeon, Chris Mattsson, James Moody, Steve Redman, Jane Schweppe, Russell Stanphill, Jesse Stowell, Gail Susholtz, Jill Turner, Carol Wagner
Route 66: The Ultimate Road Trip (DVD)
his trip down memory lane re-discovers the now defunct historic Route 66 highway that linked the east and west coasts of America for more than 60 years. Classic Americana sites such as diners, tourist traps and roadside attractions are relived in this box-set documentary, which also includes classic postcards, maps, and an informative book companion.